SBAW: Embedded Offliner Mittwoch, 03. Mai 2006, 17:00:41
I thought about all the tech stuff I should take with me to the Swiss Blog Awards held next Friday 5 May in Biel/Bienne. And then it suddenly hit me: Why should I bring anything? Why not just leave all this rubbish at home and have fun offline? So here's what I'll do:
- watch the show with my eyes, not through the lense of a video camera
- talk to people without already blogging the conversation in my mind
- relax instead of speedsurf
- not worry whether someone blogs this faster or uploads more pictures
Yes, I know. It's weird. But after having been online way too much in the last couple weeks, this will be a completely different experience.
So here is a list of gadgets you won't see me carrying around:
- WLAN-enabled Notebook
- Digital Videocamera
- Digital Camera
- MP3-player / dictaphone
- Extra batteries for all of the above
- Cables,connectors and plugs to plug all of the above into the power grid or load batteries
The one exception: My old mobile phone. I need it to keep in touch with the family. You know how kids are, always break their legs when it's least convenient.
But that's it. And of course I'm not supposed to borrow someone else's equipment, either (although I might sneak the occasional peek at the live aggregation on swissblogawards.ch).
So if you see me not taking pictures, not flickering, not blogging, not browsing the Swiss aggregators for latest blogs, not doing anything online: I'm on duty as an Embedded Offliner.